Application Selection Criteria
EligibilityTo be eligible to apply, athletes need to meet the following criteria:
- Are registered with a Queensland Sporting Association
- Compete in a Commonwealth Games sport
- Be a junior or senior national representative, and/or have world rankings indicative of potential to represent Australia at a major championship
- Priority will be given to athletes who do not receive substantial funding from another source (eg: Australian Direct Athlete Support Grants, Major sponsorship)
- Be a good role model and embrace the values of the Commonwealth Games
- Be prepared to comply with the requirements of the Grant
Closing DatesApplications for 2022 Future Stars Grants close at 5pm on Friday, 26 November, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
Interview ProcessApplicants will be short listed and invited to attend an interview with directors of Queensland Games Foundation Ltd. Interviews will take place during December 2021 and January, 2022, and the best candidates will be offered a grant.
RequirementsRequirements of successful grant recipients are:
- To perform a minimum of two QGF approved community engagement activities
- If athletes are unable to commit to the community engagement activities, they will not be eligible to receive an award.